Tuesday 18 August 2009

English weather....what?

It's been a while huh...I've been neglecting my blog lately, and for that I'm truly sorry...to...my blog...? hmmm...

Anyways, I have a job now, in a coffee shop. Not making coffee, because I'm not trained. They couldn't have a rookie like me working the coffee machine, it's all so bloody confusing. When I was working in a pub, all we had to do to make coffees was put the grind in the holder, stick the holder in the machine, press the button, and bada-bing bada-boom...the coffee came out. At this place they have to push the coffee into the holder harder or softer depending on how fine or coarse the grind is...they have to change their method if the temperature changes (front door opening and closing contributing hugely to temperature change)...once the extraction button is pushed, the coffee has to start running between 7-9 seconds, and be finished by 29-31 seconds...what is this coffee-science madness!?

All going good though, job is easy enough, same old hospo stuff. Take orders...collect crockery...make food (my favourite part)...and it's in quite a nice location too, so it'll do for now.

The weather has been awful the last few days...truly english...grey...wet...depressing. The sun's decided to come out today, and conveniently I have work, funny how that always happens huh!?

I can't wait for summer to roll (back) around...two summers in one year? Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment