Sunday 23 August 2009

Teppanyaki Golfers...

We went and had teppanyaki on Friday night, and it was amazing. Teppanyaki is a style of Japanese cooking that uses an iron griddle to cook food. We all sat around in a semi-circle as our Japanese chef cooked all this amazing seafood, chicken, steak, fish and rice right infront of us. As soon as it was ready he just chucked it on our plates, I have never tasted anything so damn fresh!


The teppanyaki evening was with my girlfriend's work colleauges. A very mixed bunch of people, but all very cool (in their own ways) nonetheless. One of the older blokes got pissed and kept asking our chef if he played golf (hilarious), one of the older women got pissed and pinched my bum and rubbed her hand down my chest (uncomfortable), and another one of the older guys told me a load of stories about when he was a punk in London in the 70's and 80's (interesting). Had a good chat with that guy about The Clash actually, although I am trying to curb my obsession...I still think I should've been born 30 years earlier though. I feel like I missed out.

After Teppanyaki my girlfriend and I went to one of her friend's places for a few drinks and a bit of mischief. I ended up drinking a little too much and breaking a glass that I was convinced was plastic...oops. Met lots of new people and called my mates back home about three times in one night, that phone bill is gonna hurt.

The sun is shining on Christchurch today and I'm bored of looking at this computer...I'm going to go for a drive and take some pictures or something. Maybe I'll get lost...here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment