Sunday 30 August 2009

Haircuts and House Parties...

Hello.

I've had a haircut, a proper one from a proper blokes barbers. It's way shorter than I've had it before and I'm liking how easy it is to handle. It also dries in about 5 minutes flat, incredible. I went to a barber shop in the city that has a tobbaco shop out front. They were playing Johnny Cash and the Rolling Stones and had pin-ups from way back when on the wall, it was a pretty cool and cosy place. The guy who cut my hair had a face like old wood that looked as though it could tell you a thing or two about the past. He told me a thing or two about the Rolling Stones and about a few english people who'd been through his barber shop during their travels. I'll be going back there for more stories - and haircuts - for sure.

Working in the coffee shop is going ok - though I'm fully over working in hospitality. I've sent CV's out far and wide and should hopefully be making some progress career-wise in the next few weeks.

The guys I'm staying with threw a big house party on Saturday night. It was pretty awesome. Started out pretty civilised but soon turned wacky, and it's always a good time when it turns wacky. My brain felt like scrambled egg the next day. Two days later and it now feels more like an omelette, at least its getting firmer...

I need to buy a freaking laptop so I can keep on top of my blog and send photo's home more often, I'd kinda like to have a better job before I do though.

Got woken up by the wind again last night...it was insane. I thought the windows were gonna cave in, they never did. I have never heard wind like that in my life, and I knew that by the time I woke up it would be a beautiful, crisp, clear morning - and it was. Funny how the wind and storms and stuff do that...wake you up in the middle of the night but they always scurry off by daybreak like they don't want to be caught. I guess the beautiful day that often follows storms is natures way of apologising...

Album of the week...Zwan - Mary Star of the Sea...and it only cost me 3 bucks!

I'll call in again soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon...its been quite cool having people (from UK and NZ) hit me up about not writing on my blog...it's nice to know it's being read!

No comments:

Post a Comment