Tuesday 21 July 2009

Lost In the Supermarket

High spirits are on the menu today. Job prospects haven't really moved on since my last post...still waiting to hear back from a couple places, but I'm hopeful. In the meantime, I may have managed to snag myself some unpaid writing-related type work that, with a bit of luck, might eventually turn into paid writing-related type work. I'm just grateful for any experience I can get at the moment.

I just bought the whole of The Clash's back catalogue for 7 english pounds...bonus. Heard 'Coma Girl' by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros on the radio this morning and it gave me the itch to put my download hat on. I'm gutted beyond words at the death of my laptop. There was so much music on there...

The mountains surrounding Christchurch are looking especially magnificent this morning, like giant jagged marshmallows on the horizon. The sky has responded by vowing not to be outdone by the mountains and has covered us with a vibrant shade of blue that you'll only ever see in New Zealand.

I'm itching to buy a skateboard...I just want to cruuuuise. I miss it. I'm slowly getting the idea that skateboarding over here is seen as 'childish' by alot of adults, but snowboarding is ok? Did I miss something?

I get lost in supermarkets most times I go in them. I never used to in the UK, but here I just can't seem to logically figure out where things are in relation to other things. Which is weird, because most of the time they'll be in a pretty similar place as items in UK supermarkets. I get a littled excited and overwhelmed by all the new products and names and ridiculously large energy drinks I can't stop consuming. It's good fun though, an adventure. Everybody should get lost in a supermarket at least once in their life.

And now a quote from the alcoholic, womanizing, legendary poet Charles Bukowski.

"Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.”

You said it boss.

Over and out, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment