Monday 13 July 2009

Touchdown

Hello. My name's ollie (I don't cap up the O because I think it makes my name look clumsy) I'm 20-years-young and I'm a long way from home. I was half way through a Journalism and Creative Writing degree in London and beginning to think my life was too perfectly ordinary to handle, when cupid lined me up and shot me down. He did a good job too. She was beautiful, she still is and she's still mine. It hasn't exactly been easy for us though, no no. The difficulty came when my fair lady had to return home to New Zealand after the marvellous people at the home office made it very hard for her to stay in the country. So, 9 months, an uncountable amount of expensive phone calls, a few hundred tears, many lonely nights and plane ticket that cost three times the price of my car (though it was a cheap car) has led me here - blogging from New Zealand while my girlfriend's hard at work.

I've just about fought off my jetlag, although I do keep waking up at 4am every morning with a violent bout of need-a-piss urgency, but hopefully it'll pass. I've sorted out my bank account with the lovely people at the bank who all wear t-shirts and smile and don't look like they're about to try and con me, I've sorted out my phone, now all I've got to do is sort out my job.

I've spent all day sifting through jobs on the internet and found a few that will probably be alright. I'm just going to get whatever I can to begin with till the Robert DeNiro starts rolling in...I've awkwardly typed, re-typed, re-re-typed, binned, and re-typed my CV a few times and I'm about the head into Christchurch city centre (on the south island) to dish it out...wish me luck...

I'll keep adding to this little blog of mine...and I'll fill you in on more details and occurences and whatever else I feel like putting in here as time goes by...but yeah...I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment